Assignment 1 – The Art of Eating Spaghetti
Please read “The Art of Eating Spaghetti” by Russell Baker:
Answer the following questions. Elaborate and answer as much as you can. Extremely short answers will be marked wrong. Again, elaborate as much as you can. Also, answer in complete sentences. Answer underneath each question. Do not delete the questions. Answer underneath each question.
Submit in corresponding dropbox. You may use a different Word document, or you can provide the answers in this document and submit it.
- In your own words, state what Baker believes he learned in the eleventh grade about the art of writing.
- What incidents or statements help identify this lesson for readers?
- What lesson did you learn from the essay?
- This event is taken from Russel Baker’s autobiography. Why do you think the author included this event in his autobiography?
- Write about a time when you changed your mind about something you had to do, as the author did about writing. Or about a person, as he did about Mr. Fleagle?
- What is the effect of Baker’s repetitions of the words prim and primly?
- How else does Baker characterize Mr. Fleagle vividly?
- Why do you think Baker uses so much space to portray his teacher?
- What does the quotation from Macbeth add to Baker’s account?
- How does Baker organize his essay?
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."