- Use Judith Butler’s essay to analyze the actions and behaviors of one or more characters in Justin Torres’s We the Animals. In other words, think about how the characters’ ideas of gender and sexuality mold their actions and behaviors. You can use the Butler quotes in the gender performativity discussion, as well as your reading analysis, as starting points for this essay.
For this essay, you should do the following:
- In your introduction, briefly summarize the novel.
- Use a strong thesis statement at the end of your intro. Remember, a good thesis statement has both a claim and a rationale (the â€œso what?â€ part).
- Develop ideas/reasons to convince readers of your main argument.
- Find one scholarly source, from the library databases, to support your ideas
- Support your various ideas/reasons with specific examples and quotes from the novel, Butler’s article, and one scholarly source. Each paragraph needs to have one but no more than two properly integrated quotes.
- Explain the relevance of those quotes as they relate to/support your argument.
- Use a conclusion strategy of your choice that fits with your essayâ€™s ideas and that provides a strong ending for your essay.
- Create a Works Cited page for the essay. (Please note that this page does not count toward the page limit.)
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."