- Evaluating the Reliability of Emergency Response Systems for Large-Scale Incident Operations – Brian A. Jackson, Kay Sullivan Faith, Henry H. Willis; Jackson, Brian A., 1972-; Santa Monica, CA: RAND; 2010; and
- The Problem of Measuring Emergency Preparedness: The Need for Assessing “Response Reliability” as Part of Homeland Security Planning – Brian A. Jackson. RAND Corporation, November 2008.
The authors offer that the US has undertaken great efforts to be prepared for the next large-scale threat should and when it arises. They also offer that for such systems to be of value they need to be examined and assessed for response sufficiency. Therein can often be the problem. As the week’s writings go on to argue – it can be challenging if not impossible to accurately measure emergency preparedness.
Extending from your readings:
- Do you agree with the author’s positions that assessing preparedness is challenging and less that accurate? State and support your position.
- On the basis of your readings, what potential threat to the Homeland do you believe we are least prepared for?
- Are there ways we could enhance our readiness and in terms of our resultant preparedness, how could we measure such readiness?
Must be at least 250 words
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."