Sections 5-8 of our Mallicoat text cover an array of issues surrounding women and girls offending. For the purpose of this assignment, I want you to put on your Forensic Psychologist hat and critique the fillicide crimes. Filicide is the deliberate act of a parent killing their own child. The word filicide is derived from the Latin words filius and filia (son and daughter) and the suffix -cide, meaning to kill, murder, or cause death. The word can refer both to the crime and to the perpetrator of the crime. On average, according to FBI statistics, 450 children are murdered by their parents each year in the United States. (Links to an external site.)
For this assignment, we will take a closer look at fillicide and what some of the contributing factors might be. I would like you to choose your subject where a parent was accused and found guilty of fillicide and plead not guilty by reason of insanity.
After selecting your case, conduct your own research and then answer the following questions:
- Explain the general facts of the case and the holding while defining not guilty by reason of insanity, and comparing and contrasting the M’Naghten Rule and the Irresistible Impulse Test.
- Critique mental illness as a mitigating factor in determining punishment.
- Justify whether mental illness is or is not a valid defense and why?
- Discuss your thoughts on the outcome of the case?
- Rely on valid research, incorporating as much material as applicable from class and other outside sources.The essay must be APA format, 5 pages in length in actual content, double-spaced, using a 12-point font with 1-inch margins, and include 3 legitimate sources. You can use the ASU Library Database system to search articles/newspaper articles. Wikipedia, blogs, and other nefarious sources of dubious credibility are not acceptable sources.
The essay must be APA format, 5 pages in length in actual content, double-spaced, using a 12-point font with 1-inch margins, and include 3 legitimate sources. You can use the ASU Library Database system to search articles/newspaper articles. Wikipedia, blogs, and other nefarious sources of dubious credibility are not acceptable sources.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."