Beta and Capital Budgeting
Part 1: Beta
Visit the following web site or other websites:
1. Search for the beta of your company – The Kroger Co (KR)
2. In addition, find the beta of 3 different companies within the same industry as your company ( The Kroger Co (KR) ).
3. Explain to your classmates what beta means and how it can be used for managerial and/or investment decision
4. Why do you think the beta of your company ( The Kroger Co (KR) ) and those of the 3 companies you found are different from each other? Provide as much information as you can and be specific.
Part 2: Capital Budgeting
Before you respond to Part 2 of discussion 6 review the following information on Capital Budgeting Techniques
Capital Budgeting Decision Methods
CAPITAL BUDGETING (PRINCIPLES & TECHNIQUES)
To avoid damaging its market value, each company must use the correct discount rate to evaluate its projects. Review and discuss the following:
• Compare and contrast the internal rate of return approach to the net present value approach. Which is better? Support your answer with well-reasoned arguments and examples.
• Is the ultimate goal of most companies–maximizing the wealth of the owners for whom the firm is being operated–ethical? Why or why not?
• Why might ethical companies benefit from a lower cost of capital than less ethical companies?
“Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!”
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."