Choose one of the four interactions below to complete this assignment:
Interaction #1 – Two strangers both riding a public transportation system during rush hour talking about their occupations and long / short term career goals.
Interaction #2 – Two people on a first date at a local restaurant, meeting each other for the first time after exchanging several emails. These two interactants know each other through mutual friends.
Interaction #3 – A happily married couple of 2 years watching T.V. in their living room, discussing whether or not to have children and how many.
Interaction #4 – Two life-long friends—of over 25 years—arguing over whether or not to attend
their high school reunion.
1) Determine the type of communication transpiring by identifying a) specific verbal / non-verbal confirming or disconfirming messages b realistic dialectical tensions among the interaction partners c) effective strategies for relational maintenance (for example -saving face, identification of toxic communication and cultural / gender barriers to communication.) Write down all the ideas.
2) Write a short dialogue between the hypothetical interactants and accounting for both verbal and non-verbal messages.
For example: Two strangers both riding a public transportation system:
Person A – Hi (with a smile on her face)
Person B – Hello (nonverbally communicating the feedback message of a smile)
Person A – Haven’t I seen you on this bus route before? Do you work in the area? (expressing non-verbal curiosity)
Person B – Yes, I work for the electrical company and prefer public transportation instead of fighting traffic.
3) Answer the following discussion questions below:
1. In what way(s) do these interactions relate to confirming and disconfirming messages?
2. In what way(s) do these interactions differ among each other from confirming and disconfirming messages?
3. How does knowing about these key terms inform one’s decision on the level of self-disclosure in a given interaction?
4. Did this activity broaden your perspective on metacommunication and if so how?
4) In your replies, identify strengths and weaknesses of the interpersonal interactions proposed by your classmates.
Original Post at least 300 words
“WE’VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT.PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH SPLENDID WRITINGS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."