CLINICAL PREVENTION PROJECT
Population Clinical Prevention Project
Purpose: This project is designed to help you develop skills in designing a health promotion/disease prevention campaign that addresses a specific health disparity of your choice and is culturally and linguistically appropriate for the target population. This project will also help further develop your health informatics skills project management skills and interprofessional collaboration.
Identify a health disparity issue and target population related to health inequalities and providing supporting epidemiological evidence showing the scope of the problem and the need for clinical prevention. Develop a health promotion/disease prevention campaign that includes learning objectives teaching methods delivery approaches to the target population as well as an evaluation plan. Develop a specific health education product (e.g. PSA video poster pamphlet brochure) that is culturally and linguistically appropriate for the target audience.
1. Select a health risk or health promotion topic and target population for your project. It must be a public health issue for which health education and creating educational awareness for prevention would be an appropriate intervention. Look at the Healthy People 2020 topic areas for ideas. A list of ideas is provided in Module 1.
2. Submit your topic/population . provide a brief explanation on how the topic and population addresses a health disparity.
3. Develop a health education campaign to address your chosen problem. A worksheet that you might find healthful in this process is attached. Be sure your project description includes intended outcome learning objectives teaching methods delivery approach and evaluation plan.
4. Create a specific health risk message for your problem. Your health risk message should convey the threat desired response and a slogan or tag-line. It should have appropriate visual appeal that is culturally and linguistically appropriate for the target audience. Provide evidence to demonstrate why it meets this criteria.
5. Create a venue for delivering your message (i.e. PSA video poster pamphlet brochure etc.). Be sure to explain why you chose this method and why this is appropriate for your population group.
6. Include interdisciplinary collaboration into the development of your health promotion plan. It must include at least two potential community partners and at least two other disciplines (i.e. communications marketing pharmacy dietician social early childhood development specialist exercise physiologist etc.) as appropriate for your topic.(Provide rationale).
7. In addition to completing the health education product a companion paper and reference list will be submitted as well. The companion paper should describe the health issue you are addressing the population you chose to work with why and how this issue is related to health inequities and Healthy People 2020 objectives. Include supporting epidemiological evidence to demonstrate the scope of the problem in the specified population and relevant supporting literature. Describe the principles and rationale behind your particular clinical prevention message. What framework did you use to design your health education plan? Specifically describe how your education plan and health risk message reflects evidence-based nursing interdisciplinary collaboration and cultural and linguistic appropriateness. Your education plan should include the intended outcome learning objectives teaching methods delivery approach and an evaluation plan. This paper should be no more than 7-10 pages in length (excluding title and reference page). Your companion paper should be in APA format double-spaced with one-inch margins and size 12-font. Your paper should have an introduction conclusion headings and subheads a title page page numbers running header and a reference page.
? Here is what you need to turn in:
Part 1: Clinical Prevention Campaign Product (e.g. Poster brochure PSA Announcement Script pamphlet YouTube video Assorted Text messages Webpage).
This is the part you will post on the Module 4 DF for peer feedback.
This product will be evaluated based on:
Organization & content
Message (clear health-risk message)
Health literacy (appropriate for target audience)
Part 2: Companion Paper. 7-10 pages in length maximum (excluding title and reference pages)
The companion paper should be divided into sections: (Ive provided suggested guidelines for length)
I. Introduction (1 paragraph)
II. Problem description: describe the health issue you are addressing chosen population how it relates to health inequities and provides supporting epidemiological evidence to demonstrate the scope of the problem for your selected population group. Use the first part of the worksheet items to write this section (topic relevance to Healthy People 2020 target audience and sources of epidemiological data). Youve already written some of this in your first paper too. Make sure to include relevant supporting literature (i.e. scholarly peer-reviewed journal articles). (1-2 pages)
III. Overview of Clinical Prevention Campaign: What framework are you using to design your clinical prevention campaign? (e.g. Backward design Maine Health CDC Social Media resource- explain why). Also explain how does your education plan and health risk message reflect evidence-based nursing interdisciplinary collaboration and cultural & linguistic competence?
a. Learner Assessment: Describe your target audience and their key characteristics and cultural beliefs & values. How will these characteristics and values inform how you develop your health education message (look back to module 2 DF and target audience on worksheet). (~ 1 page)
b. Education plan: What are the desired outcomes for your learners? What do you want them to know understand and be able to do after completing/reading/viewing your education message? Describe your learning objectives brief outline of content teaching/learning strategies and delivery methods. What makes it culturally and linguistically appropriate? How did you determine appropriate literacy level? How will you reinforce learning? (approx. 3-5 pages).
c. Evaluation plan: how will you determine that your desired learning outcomes have been achieved? Your evaluation plan needs to include both formative and summative evaluation plans. Provide clear detailed plans to evaluate both the process and outcomes/effectiveness of your campaign. How will you know if it is working? (at least 2 paragraphs).
d. Interdisciplinary Collaboration: (last part of worksheet) include interdisciplinary collaboration into the development of your health education plan. This should include two potential community partners and at least two other disciplines (e.g. marketing communications pharmacy dieticians social work psychology early childhood development specialists exercise physiologist etc). Make sure to provide a rationale for why these disciplines and agencies would be good partners for this project. (2 paragraphs)
IV. Conclusion (1 paragraph)
The companion paper will be graded based on:
Description of problem
This assignment counts for 40% of your grade in NURS 565. The various elements of the assignment will be weighted as follows:
Clinical Prevention Campaign Product (15%) (Post on Module 4 DF)
Organization & Content 20 points
Layout 20 points
Message 20 points
Creativity 20 points
Health Literacy 20 points
Companion Paper (25%) (Submit using Drop Box on BB)
Description of problem 20 points
Supporting evidence 20 points
Education/Evaluation plan 30 points
Interdisciplinary collaboration 10 points
Scholarly writing 20 points
Population Clinical Prevention Worksheet
Relevance to HealthyPeople2020: ______________________________________________________
Target audience and rationale: _________________________________________________________
Setting/Venue for Clinical Prevention Campaign (and rationale): ____________________________
Sources of Epidemiological/Surveillance Data____________________________________________
Potential Partners (at least 2 other disciplines and 2 organizations/agencies)_________________
Part 1. Problem Description
Describe the problem that is being addressed by your proposed clinical prevention program. What makes this a public health problem? What makes an educational intervention appropriate for addressing this problem? Specifically describe how these problem characteristics relate to your target population.
Part 2. Learner Assessment
Describe your target population of learners and their key characteristics. Specify how these characteristics will inform your health promotion/disease prevention message (content methods etc.). Be sure to consider value beliefs and developmental considerations in addition to key demographic characteristics. Particularly describe any cultural and linguistic considerations related to your target learners. How did you determine literacy level for your population? Describe how you determined (or would determine) your learners knowledge about this topic and their readiness/interest to learn. Finally if you are making any assumptions about your learners describe these assumptions and their basis.
Part 3. Overview of the Clinical Prevention Program
Specify the desired outcome for your learners what do you want them to know understand and be able to do after completing your program?
How will they meet this outcome? These are your learning objectives. Hint: use action verbs to describe these.
Outline the content/topics to be included in your education program. (This really can be presented in outline format. I would expect the outline for each topic to have at least two levels.)
? Describe how your plan reflects cultural sensitivity and cultural appropriateness.
? Explain how your plan is linguistically appropriate.
? Describe the teaching/learning strategies that you will use.
? Describe how you will reinforce learning and accountability.
? Describe how you will determine that your desired learning outcomes have been achieved.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER AND GET HELP FROM A NURSING EXPERT AT A FRIENDLY PRICE
Click the button below to order this paper AND ENJOY OUR DISCOUNT.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."