SPSS is a software that can conduct basic and complex statistical analyses. In this assignment you will use SPSS to explore the data and conduct descriptive statistics, create frequency charts, recode variables, and create new variables.
For this assignment, utilize SPSS Statistics and the Topic 2 “Health Behavior Data Set.”
Refer to the topic resources for assistance with accessing and using SPSS.
Follow the steps below to complete the assignment.
- Import the Excel file into SPSS.
- Sort by age in SPSS to determine the age-range of participants in the data set.
- Use the Descriptive Statistics Feature in SPSS to find the mean and standard deviation for the “Age” and “Annual Income.”
- Use the “Frequencies” feature to create frequency tables for the employed, education level and sex variables.
- Recode the sex variable where “Male”=1 and “Female”=2. Create a frequency table for the new variable.
- Compute a new “BMI” variable based on “Weight” and “Height.” Use the Descriptive Statistics Feature in SPSS to find the mean and standard deviation for the new BMI variable.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."