Pain Management Among Surgical
Just for Reference: if the references still support your PICOT question you may re-use them. Some students have changed or altered their original idea or the original articles were general in nature on the topic and do not research the effect of the intervention on an outcome. In these cases it will be necessary to search again.
A few others have asked me if they can change their topic because they cannot find good research. At this point it is still ok to make a change, but the one you make this week will need to be the permanent one for the rest of the course. We have you use the same topic so that you can see clearly the process for EBP.
The Assignment (Evidence-Based Project)
Part 2: Advanced Levels of Clinical Inquiry and Systematic Reviews
Create a 6- to 7-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you do the following:
- Identify and briefly describe your chosen clinical issue of interest.
- Describe how you developed a PICO(T) question focused on your chosen clinical issue of interest.
- Identify the four research databases that you used to conduct your search for the peer-reviewed articles you selected.
- Provide APA citations of the four relevant peer-reviewed articles at the systematic-reviews level related to your research question. If there are no systematic review level articles or meta-analysis on your topic, then use the highest level of evidence peer reviewed article.
- Describe the levels of evidence in each of the four peer-reviewed articles you selected, including an explanation of the strengths of using systematic reviews for clinical research. Be specific and provide examples.
***Assignment: The ppt for this week’s assignment requires you to identify the levels of evidence for the 4 studies you have chosen relative to your PICOT question. You do not need to summarize the articles, just identify level of evidence which is based on the methodology.
Here is a reminder of levels of evidence for you:
Level of evidence (LOE)
Evidence from a systematic review or meta-analysis of all relevant RCTs (randomized controlled trial) or evidence-based clinical practice guidelines based on systematic reviews of RCTs or three or more RCTs of good quality that have similar results.
Evidence obtained from at least one well-designed RCT (e.g. large multi-site RCT).
Evidence obtained from well-designed controlled trials without randomization (i.e. quasi-experimental).
Evidence from well-designed case-control or cohort studies.
Evidence from systematic reviews of descriptive and qualitative studies (meta-synthesis).
Evidence from a single descriptive or qualitative study.
Evidence from the opinion of authorities and/or reports of expert committees.
THIS IS THE PICOT QUESTION TO USE: Can pain management among surgical patients that employ both pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions compared to approaches using only medication produce improved perception of pain control over one year?
The post Pain Management Among Surgical appeared first on Splendidwritings.com.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."