Question : Clanton Company is financed 75 percent by equity and 25 percent by debt. If the firm expects to earn $30 million in net income next year and retain 40% of it, how large can the capital budget be before common stock must be sold?
Student Answer: $7.5 million
2. Question : J.B. Enterprises purchased a new molding machine for $85,000. The company paid $8,000 for shipping and another $7,000 to get the machine integrated with the company’s existing assets. J.B. must maintain a supply of special lubricating oil just in case the machine breaks down. The company purchased a supply of oil for $4,000. The machine is to be depreciated on a straight-line basis over its expected useful life of 8 years. J.B. is replacing an old machine that was purchased 6 years ago for $50,000. The old machine was being depreciated on a straight-line basis over a ten year expected useful life. The machine was sold for $15,000. J.B.’s marginal tax rate is 40%. What is the amount of the initial outlay?
Student Answer: $89,000
3. Question : A project for Jevon and Aaron, Inc. results in additional accounts receivable of $400,000, additional inventory of $180,000, and additional accounts payable of $70,000. What is the additional investment in net working capital?
Student Answer: $580,000
4. Question : J.B. Enterprises purchased a new molding machine for $85,000. The company paid $8,000 for shipping and another $7,000 to get the machine integrated with the company’s existing assets. J.B. must maintain a supply of special lubricating oil just in case the machine breaks down. The company purchased a supply of oil for $4,000. The machine is to be depreciated on a straight-line basis over its expected useful life of 8 years. What will depreciation expense be during the first year?
Student Answer: $13,000
5. Question : Five Rivers Casino is undergoing a major expansion. The expansion will be financed by issuing new 15-year, $1,000 par, 9% annual coupon bonds. The market price of the bonds is $1,070 each. Gamblers flotation expense on the new bonds will be $50 per bond. Gamblers marginal tax rate is 35%. What is the pre-tax cost of debt for the newly-issued bonds?
Student Answer: 8.76%
6. Question : Porky Pine Co. is issuing a $1,000 par value bond that pays 8.5% interest annually. Investors are expected to pay $1,100 for the 12-year bond. Porky will pay $50 per bond in flotation costs. What is the after-tax cost of new debt if the firm is in the 35% tax bracket?
Student Answer: 8.23%
7. Question : Zellars, Inc. is considering two mutually exclusive projects, A and B. Project A costs $95,000 and is expected to generate $65,000 in year one and $75,000 in year two. Project B costs $120,000 and is expected to generate $64,000 in year one, $67,000 in year two, $56,000 in year three, and $45,000 in year four. Zellars, Inc.’s required rate of return for these projects is 10%. The profitability index for Project A is
Student Answer: 1.27.
8. Question : The simulation approach provides us with
Student Answer: a single value for the risk-adjusted net present value.
an approximation of the systematic risk level.
a probability distribution of the project’s net present value or internal rate of return. a graphic exposition of the year-by-year sequence of possible outcomes.
9. Question : Jones Distributing Corp. can sell common stock for $27 per share and its investors require a 17% return. However, the administrative or flotation costs associated with selling the stock amount to $2.70 per share. What is the cost of capital for Jones Distributing if the corporation raises money by selling common stock?
Student Answer: 27.00%
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."