First, load the dataset into R Commander. Open R Console and:
Load R Commander with syntax library(Rcmdr)
Using the drop down menu, go to Data -> Import Data -> from SPSS dataset… -> OK -> Find data -> Open
Click on View Data and answer the following two questions.
1. How many variables are in this dataset?
2. How many people, or participants, are in this dataset?
3. Next, we’ll create a simple frequency table. Go to Statistics -> Summaries -> Frequency Distributions. Select your categorical variables (hold CTRL to select more than one) and select OK. Fill in the blanks for this APA style write up of results.
A total of 10 participants completed the study(N = ). The majority (60%) were male. Further, most participants(n = ) were Sophomores, comprising % of the total sample.
4. Histograms are often used to visualize the spread of the data. This is a visual way to assess normality. Get a histogram of your continuous variable, final score, using the following menu commands: Graphs -> Histogram. Your histogram will show up in the R Console, not R Commander. Upload a screenshot of this figure, or save the image and upload that.
5. Bar graphs are an excellent way to visual categorical, or group, data. Get a bar graph of your categorical variable Class Status using menu commands Graphs -> Bar Graph. Take a screenshot or save the image and upload here.
6. We’ll use box and whisker plots frequently to assess for outliers in continuous variables. Please get a box plot of your continuous variable, final score, using the menu commands Graphs -> Boxplot. Upload the image here.
7. Look at your boxplot of final scores. You’ll notice a numbered circle well below the box and whiskers. What is this score called?
8. With the basics covered, you can take a more complicated look at your data. Which class level (freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior) had the highest final score average? To find out, follow these steps:
Go to Statistics -> Summaries -> Table of Statistics…
Select class_status as your Factor, make sure that Mean is selected, and click OK.
“WE’VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT.PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH SPLENDID WRITINGS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."