Why is it more difficult to measure the economic cost of white collar crime as compared to conventional crime?Describe how educational institutions have defrauded students by not providing them with the quality of education promised.
In a minimum of 400 words, explain the Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act of (1998) (ITADA). Specifically explain what it is, the dangers that it protects against and provide a real-life example of when the statute was applied.
Week 7: Assessment Exercise
Ten Essay Questions (ten points each)
After reviewing the powerpoints for chapters 1-6, answer the following questions.
1. Why is it more difficult to measure the economic cost of white collar crime as compared to conventional crime?
2. How do criminologists define white collar crime?
3. Discuss Edwin H. Sutherland’s 1940’s study of white collar crime.
4. Compare and contrast the positivistic and humanistic approaches to the study of white collar crime.
5. Describe how educational institutions have defrauded students by not providing them with the quality of education promised.
6. Identify the four approaches that categorize the different forms of activities encompassed in the term, corporate crime.
7. Why are employers reluctant to report employee theft to police?
8. Describe the specific techniques used in overutilization fraud found in medicaid and medicare services.
9. Describe the various forms of police crime as stated in the powerpoint.
10. Describe the impact the savings and loan frauds had on the US economy as well as on individual citizens.
How to Submit Your Answers:
Copy each of the above questions and paste it into a Microsoft Word document. Format the questions in bold, and your answer in regular. Separate each response with a double-space. Save your document as lastname_firstname_homework1.docx. Upload it to this Assignment post.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."