Your persuasive essay could be based on anything about which you have an opinion. Whether you’re arguing against junk food at school or petitioning for a raise from your boss, the persuasive essay is a skill that everyone should know. Here is a great article if you need some ideas to get started: How to Write a Persuasive EssayLinks to an external site.
To write a persuasive essay, you can follow this outline:
- Introductory Paragraph
- Grab the readerâ€™s attention by using a â€œhook.â€
- Give an overview of the argument.
- Close with a thesis statement that reveals the position to be argued.
- â€œBodyâ€ Paragraphs That Provide Support For Your Argument (while three â€œpointsâ€ are listed here, youâ€™ll need more paragraphs than that in order to meet your page count)
- Side A â€“ All the facts and reasoning that supports your paperâ€™s argument
- Side B â€“ What is the counterargument, and why is it incorrect or why does it not discredit your argument
- Remember not to â€œspeakâ€ in your paper with personal pronouns (like â€œIâ€ or â€œmyâ€,) as you want your paper to speak to the reader, not you personally
- Each body paragraph should focus on one piece of evidence.
- Within each paragraph, provide sufficient supporting detail.
- Concluding Paragraph
- Restate and reinforce the thesis and supporting evidence.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."