• Grading The term paper itself counts for 40% of your course grade. You will be graded on your mastery of the relevant facts and arguments, your originality in developing analysis, and the effective way your paper is organized and written. Specifically, originality = 2 points, analysis = 12 points (i.e., 6 points each film), writing = 16 points (i.e., legitimate title = 1 point, 4 listed key words = 2 points, structure = 2 points, transition = 2 points, grammar = 2 points, spelling = 2 points, in-text reference = 2, etc.), use of sources = 10 points (i.e., logical incorporation = 1.5 points each, complete citation = 1 point each).
• Content First, your paper must be comparative; namely, choose to compare two of these films: Plunder of Peach and Plum, It’s My Day Off, Ermo, and Suzhou River. You may focus on a similar theme, a shared critical problem, or a combination of some of them. Second, your paper must be researched; namely, citing what critics have said about the directors and/or films you are discussing and indicating how you respond to their interpretations. You must use at least 4 print sources assigned in the syllabus. Each article in an edited book counts as one source, but merely listing sources without incorporating them in analysis does not make your paper a researched one. Third, your paper must be critical; namely, examining texts in detail and engaging different arguments in relation to the issues you are addressing. This also means that you have to maintain your own line of arguments while moving between primary and secondary sources. A summary of narrative plot or biographic information is descriptive rather than critical.
• Form This is an individual assignment. Do not work on it jointly as you might study together for exams or team projects, because two papers similar to each other will likely lower grades for both papers. Do not submit a paper that you have submitted or are writing for any other class. The paper must be written in your words, not paraphrased out of a secondary source or plagiarize from any source You must give full bibliographical citations at the end of your paper on a separate page (exclusive of the page limit), and make sure your style is consistent throughout the paper. Papers must be typed, double-spaced (not 1.5 spaced), with one-inch or larger margins on all four sides of the page. The length is limited to 3 pages, excluding references. Most students do better writing a carefully edited three-page paper than writing a longer paper that is sloppy. Papers not meeting these specifications will be returned without grading. Faulty spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format style will cost you points, so proof-read your writing carefully.
MLA format + 3Pages excluding reference
● The female body and female sexuality in Ermo and Suzhou River
● Changing gender relationships in Plunder of Peach and Plum and Ermo
● Changing concepts of family and community in Plunder of Peach and Plum and It’s My Day Off (or Ermo)
● Changing roles of the individual in It’s My Day Off and Ermo (or Suzhou River)
● The city as a site of disillusionment and destruction in Plunder of Peach and Plum and Suzhou River
● The city as a communal space in It’s My Day Off versus an enigmatic space in Suzhou River
● Different/similar attitudes to the forces of urban corruption in Plunder of Peach and Plum and Suzhou River
● The impact of money on human relationships in Ermo and Suzhou River
● Idealism and its fates in Plunder of Peach and Plum and Suzhou River
● Challenges to male or patriarchal values in Ermo and Suzhou River
Keywords: A, B, C, D
Term Paper Template
IntroductionDiscussion of film 1Discussion of film 2(you could move between two films but must provide smooth transitions in between) Conclusion
Bibliography listed in a separate page (at least 4 sources from the syllabus, items listed in required books and other references)
e.g.,Author’s name, Book Title (City: Publisher, year).Author’s name, “article title,” Volume Title, ed. Editor’s name (City: Publisher, year),
pp. #-#.Author’s name, “article title,” Journal Title, volume #, issue # (year), pp. #-#.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but splendidwritings.com proved they are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 14***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The company has some nice prices and good content. I ordered a term paper here and got a very good one. I'll keep ordering from this website."